Wine Days Ahead

Paolo and I always enjoy a few bottles of wine each week, and of course I get excited and want to open a couple at a time. Last week, we had the privilege of having Paolo Sr. over for dinner, and I cooked an amazing meal while drinking a glass of wine. We had polenta with a sausage marinara sauce, side salad, and bread with EVOO, parmesan, and balsamic. We enjoyed brownies and a chocolate bar with dessert. Trader Joe's has a great assortment of chocolate bars, FYI!

We were drinking a cheap Pinot Noir that we picked up from TJ's and I couldn't stop myself from opening another bottle. We recently went on a weekend get away to Mazama, WA and we stopped at Lost River Winery where I picked out a special bottle of wine called Cedarosa. Boy, is it tasty and we had a great time snacking on cheese, chocolate, and brownies while discussing wine.

As the month of October leaves us, we will be starting a new blog about wine. I am excited, but feel a little amateurish on the subject. Even though I can polish off a bottle in a day by myself, I am going to do my research.

Grocery stores are a lot of fun these days. Since I always do most of the shopping, I am always finding deals and for the most part planning meals. If Paolo comes along I will find him 30 minutes later in the wine section of course. If we have $50.00 to spend on groceries and Paolo is with me, you better believe at least $30.00 is going towards wine.

Well, the new blog will be up and running soon. I better go study.

0 comments: