Home Again, Home Again


Paolo and I will be traveling home this December over my birthday, hooray!!! I am very excited and I think it will be a great time, unless we get hit with a mega ice storm again and lose power.

On this trip we will be discussing, the wedding (of course) and spending time with the fam. I am hoping that my dress is in so I can try it on and we will try to get the guest list mastered. I need to introduce Paolo Jr. to the pastor who will be marrying us and get that lined up (I hope he approves)!

My Dad and Grandpa are building an arbor that we will get married under and I am super excited about this too! We hope they make it so we can ship it back to go in our own garden.

We have decided to go with a tulip mixture for the wedding bouquets. My mom and dad planted over 200 bulbs a couple weeks ago, to see if we can grow enough for the table decorations and bouquets. I am excited and I thought it would be meaningful knowing that the flowers are from my own yard in Indiana.

Since the wedding is outdoors, we are going to have white chairs and straw bales to sit on. The aisles will be lined with tulips and tin can flower vases. I know it's going to be beautiful.

Every day I wake up saying, "I wish we were getting married this weekend." I have to remind myself, "We will have our whole life to be married, enjoy being engaged and enjoy planning this wedding!" I am glad that I waited and didn't settle. Sure I may be 28 going on 29, but I think it's the perfect age for me to get married.

6 comments:

Adam Mondy said...

Excited for ya Amanda!




and Paolo...

Sarah said...

Yay you're going home! Was that a suprise?
I love that your parents are growing the flowers for your wedding!!!

Lindsey said...

I love the last paragraph, Amanda. I can hear you saying this in my head...please recite it at the Halloween party.

Is Paolo going to make puttanesca?!

Amanda said...

Lindsey, I will practice the recital!
On the puttanesca note, you will have to bribe Paolo into cooking. He might be a little rusty, considering I do most of the cooking.

Adam, thanks!

Sarah, no surprise about the visit home. Cheapest time to visit!
I'm excited about the flowers too.

Paolo said...

Moos, I will have a surprise for you at the party.

Daish said...

That's so cool that your mom and dad are growing the tulips. I love tulip bouquets. They are my favorite.

I'm excited for Christmas. I'm missing you guys.