Doctor's orders

After making you fill out paperwork, what is the next thing you have to do at a doctor appointment? That's right, you take off your shoes and you get weighed and measured. This was the first thing that went wrong for me.

I apparently weigh five pounds more and I am an inch and a half shorter. For high school basketball I always exaggerated my height by an inch making me 5'9.5", which is why what the doctor said did not make sense. She said, "You're 5'7", sound about right?" I said, "Whoa, 5'7"? Are you kidding me? I am shrinking." To make matters worse, she was not concerned.

When I lived in Seattle I told my last nurse after being measured, "I am shrinking!" and the nurse said, "Really? If this is a concern you can talk to the doctor about it and we can check and make sure your calcium and bone health is OK."

I didn't get the same sympathy this time. I guess this doctor is fine seeing shrinking patients.

I had my blood drawn to make sure my hormones weren't out of whack (thyroid, etc.!). Everything was great until the phone nurse mentioned my cholesterol. That's right, my cholesterol is a little high, too. I'm shorter where I want to be taller and I'm higher where I want to be lower. At least my blood pressure was OK.

I am on a mission to lower my cholesterol.

0 comments: