3 Guys and A Girl

A guide to making your home have a feminine feel

After reading Jeanna's blog On Decorating In Pink, I felt a little stressed that I was leaving the 10 percent of prissiness to the curbside. Living with three boys (Fabrizio included) now, I have tried to make the house warm, cozy, and yet beautiful. I have incorporated a few things that I think will make the house feel like I belong there too.

I had a chandelier professionally installed in the bedroom by the local electrician (Paolo)
IMG_8418

My mother and I created a beautiful closet curtains out of fabric purchased at Kmart (Paolo hates this store, but at one time they carried Martha!)
IMG_8411

Gold window coverings
IMG_8413

Fancy pillows
IMG_8408

Flowers and candles
IMG_8415

IMG_8421

A cute kitty
IMG_8407

I don't decorate in pink because it's not my favorite color, but I think it's possible to make aqua blues and browns woman-friendly.

9 comments:

artherhults said...

Very beautiful and relaxing!! :)

ps.. you should've skipped the talking on the tracy anderson workout!

Jeanna said...

You got me!

Your guys' room actually looks really beautiful. It's one of the most feminine brown/blue rooms I've seen. Good job Amanda!

I'm going to go lie on my hot pink sheets now.

Amanda said...

Amber, I will take a picture once we put up our wonderful gift from you.

Jeanna, I am glad you approve of the decorating. Of course it's not done yet, so stay tuned.

Kaitlin said...

Where did you get the gold window coverings? They are beautiful!

aubrey said...

This is very true (with the color scheme being partly feminine)! I really like the things you've done - ESPECIALLY the chandelier. I lust over chandeliers. I am about to embark on combining my things and my boyfriend's things - and I am really trying to be creative about making it look cohesive!

(btw.. we havent officially met yet, but I am Nina's long lost pal from Texas!!)

Amanda said...

Great to meet you through the blog Aubrey. I have heard a lot of great things about you and will hopefully meet you in person soon.

Also,I am glad you approve of our design. I know you have an eye for design and it's nice to know that I did a good job. Good luck with your design combo!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Aqua blue is my favorite.

Paolo said...

Kaitlin,

If I'm not mistaken, I think Amanda got the gold window coverings from KMart, too?

I think they're shower curtains. Nearly everything in our house started as a shower curtain.

Amanda said...

Kaitlin,
They are from Kmart! They were window coverings in the sale area of course, but they did not start off as a shower curtain.
The bed layette (the blue, brown,and white thingy)was a table cloth I purchased from Anthropologie because it was the color scheme I liked. Nice try Paolo.