How we met

Funny story...

I was in Indiana celebrating the 4th of July with my family. I received a hilarious email from "ditalianishere" while browsing Match.com with my Mom. I was new at the online dating scene, but I was loving it, shooting for four dates a week. :) I didn't date much before, so I was catching up. I had everyone involved in the search process because I wanted to make sure I was picking great guys, not guys looking to get me in the sack. My mom looked at ditalianishere's profile and said, "Hmmmm, He is Italian and it says he can cook!" I said, "He's too young."

I let the first email go by, but then after getting back to Seattle, ditalianishere sent another email. I finally agreed to meet for a drink after my softball games on Sunday, July 13th. I basically stood him up (he likes to say) because I played three softball games and was too exhausted to go out that night.

He waited by the phone and canceled his whole Sunday, but he forgave me and we decided to meet on Tuesday the 15th of July. I did some research before our first date and this is what I found...

It was a great first date. We met at Hazelwood in Ballard and then ate at Oaxaca, which is the best Mexican restaurant in Seattle. Hard to believe, but I did all the talking and we went out again on Thursday and the again that weekend. From Sunday the 20th of July I have been ditalinishere's.

Here is his first email to me:

To: iwantatrampoline
Date received: July 5, 2008
Subject: iwantatrampoline?

Interesting alias there. Do explain.

Basically, I dig your profile and I'm a sucker for stylish glasses. You win.

I see that you want to travel to Greece next? My aunt lives in Crete. Charm me and you might have a place to stay over there. :)

Let me know if you have some free time later this week and maybe we can meet for drinks.

- Paolo

Here are a few shots from our first dates...

Alki

Block Party

4 comments:

SoyAmericano said...

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing how the wedding planning comes along. A friend of mine is getting marries next year and really likes that dress designer for hers as well.

SoyAmericano said...

And by "marries" I mean "married"...

Jeanna said...

OHHHHHH. I love, love your story! And a very smart first Match.com e-mail, Paolo.

Sarah said...

'thanks match'