In that spirit I offered to design our wedding invitations. I have a decent handle on design and imaging software, so I figured it'd be worthwhile and cost effective. Invitations can cost $3 or $4 each if you're doing them professionally, and that's a cost I'm glad we're skipping.
Per my brother Sergio's advice, we bought a Gocco Japanese screen printer of eBay for $200. It shipped from Osaka in just a few days and we were ready to get our hands inky.
The problem was that we didn't really know what we wanted to say, or what we wanted the invitations to look like. We obviously wanted to use our wedding colors - purple and yellow - but weren't sure about images or fonts.
I managed to turn out a couple decent designs over the weekend that I emailed to Indiana for feedback. Amanda and I went to Paper Zone on Sunday to look at paper colors and weights, so hopefully we'll have a chance to test the Gocco later this week.
I'm excited to share with everyone our final design. If anyone has tips or tricks for DIY invitations, please let us know!


5 comments:
I THINK YOU SHOULD WORK THE NEW TRAILER YOU JUST ACQUIRED SOMEHOW IN THE DESIGN. I HAVE IT PAINT IT PURPLE AND YELLOW. haha
You might find some ideas here: www.stylemepretty.com
i'm very excited to see what you come up with!
Post a Comment