Winter Tears

Blahh... It's winter.

The sun is teasing me when it comes out for an hour or two and then goes away and hides for a week. I keep wondering how many days will we be without a sun this season. I have read that 226 days of gray is pretty common, but I shouldn't complain too much because we had an amazing summer, right?

I am now driving to work in the dark and getting home in the dark and that's what stinks. Paolo and I make sure to take a walk before work and exercise in the evening. It is much needed and amazing.

On a positive note, winter brings a lot of great things too. I am excited to be attending a social wine event for 20-somethings (I will be out of that realm due to my age, so I have this year and hopefully next years will be before my birthday) in Seattle later this month.

We will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas in Tacoma this year, so I won't be with my family in Indiana. Still, I am excited to decorate our house and make the Holiday meals this year, since last year was so much fun. The added bonus is we will be traveling home over my birthday, which is sandwiched in between the two big holidays, and I am sure I can talk my mom into making me a holiday meal for my birthday. But I will admit last years videos, from our trip home, I will miss making.

We will be finishing the planning for our big wedding that will be happening in the spring. I can't wait. Fingers are crossed hoping my dress will make it by early December when we're in Indiana. If it doesn't I will be ticked. Need to kick up the workouts a notch to make sure I can fit in my dress. :)

I have been fighting back my tears a lot lately and I am realizing that this winter and future holidays will be bitter sweet having family here in Seattle and back at home.

2 comments:

Daish said...

Oh Amanda... I think change is so hard sometimes, well, actually, all the time. I love you.

Amanda said...

I know,both exciting and intimidating at the same time.